A mobile phone forum. Mobile-Forum

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » Mobile-Forum forum » General mobile phone forums » GSM
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Free SMS from your desktop (500+/month)



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old January 26th 05, 04:45 PM
T.
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Antoine wrote:
"Richard" wrote :


Geoff Winkless wrote:

Richard wrote:

I'm interested in hearing feedback from you including bugs and
suggestions for improvement. In addition, any recommendations
where I can get the application reviewed would be appreciated.

PocketPC and Symbian versions would be cool


Funnily enough I am looking at a PocketPC and Linux version. Can't
promise anything right now though ...



Could a PalmOS(r) support wish be expressed too ?


And Windows Mobile Smartphone
  #12  
Old January 26th 05, 05:18 PM
Tony Sutton
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default

"Richard" wrote in message
oups.com...

Best of all the application is totally free and a lot of the providers
supply free text messages. It has been worked out that, at the moment,
if you subscribed to all of the free services, this would give you over
500 free messages a month - which isn't bad really!


Can the 'From' line be edited to include my number so they can reply to my
phone?

--

- Tony Sutton
- http://www.hyperboard.co.uk - The Biggest Message Board!
-------------------------------------------------------------
Get that computer-generated geek off my network! -Grossberg
-------------------------------------------------------------


  #13  
Old January 26th 05, 05:27 PM
Richard
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Tony Sutton wrote:
"Richard" wrote in message
oups.com...

Best of all the application is totally free and a lot of the

providers
supply free text messages. It has been worked out that, at the

moment,
if you subscribed to all of the free services, this would give you

over
500 free messages a month - which isn't bad really!


Can the 'From' line be edited to include my number so they can reply

to my
phone?


It depends on the SMS gateway you are using.

Generally though, free gateways don't give you this ability. This is
not a Mercury limitation, if I could make them replyable, then I would.

Regards,
Richard.

ps. VGSMail and Kapow! are replyable - but they cost.

  #14  
Old January 26th 05, 05:31 PM
Richard
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Richard wrote:
Tony Sutton wrote:
Can the 'From' line be edited to include my number so they can

reply
to my
phone?


It depends on the SMS gateway you are using.

Generally though, free gateways don't give you this ability. This is
not a Mercury limitation, if I could make them replyable, then I

would.

I spoke too soon, sms.ac's messages are apparantly replyable (8 free
per day).

I haven't used them in a long while though so it may have changed.

Regards,

Richard.

ps. If you have any suggestions for free (or paid-for) gateways to add,
then please submit them to the forum on the website!

  #15  
Old January 26th 05, 06:10 PM
thepearce
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default

"Richard" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi all,

I've written an application that will allow you to send free text
messages to your friends and family from your computer.

How it works is that it acts as a standard interface to other free SMS
gateway providers out there. You can send messages to multiple people,
split long messages over multiple SMS', manage your contacts and
message quotas and much more.

If you already use eGenie (which I also developed) then I would advise
you to try out this application as it is substantially better.

Best of all the application is totally free and a lot of the providers
supply free text messages. It has been worked out that, at the moment,
if you subscribed to all of the free services, this would give you over
500 free messages a month - which isn't bad really!

Details, screenshots and downloads are at http://www.mercury.uk.net/

I'm interested in hearing feedback from you including bugs and
suggestions for improvement. In addition, any recommendations where I
can get the application reviewed would be appreciated.
Regards,

Richard.


Great stuff Richard - I've been using genietexter but I'm converted Much
more useful features (I'm using vgsmail). Check it out peeps.

Thanks!


  #16  
Old January 26th 05, 07:18 PM
six-toes
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default


Richard wrote:
Hi all,

I've written an application that will allow you to send free text
messages to your friends and family from your computer.

what countries can you send to ?
or only UK ..

  #17  
Old January 26th 05, 08:57 PM
bigjon
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Richard decided to add:

Hi all,

I've written an application that will allow you to send free text
messages to your friends and family from your computer.

(SNIP)
In addition, any recommendations where I
can get the application reviewed would be appreciated.
Regards,

Richard.


http://www.topqualityfreeware.com/phones11.html

--
No lusers were harmed in the creation of this usenet article.
AND I WANT TO KNOW WHY NOT!
  #18  
Old January 26th 05, 10:22 PM
encoderX
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 14:36:32 GMT, Rev John wrote:

"Richard" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi all,


Hi Richard, whats is is-qoog7.exe for that wants to run at windows
start up?


Hi RJ. To clarify and hope you'll feedback.

I downloaded Richards Murcury sms sender then did an overkill check by:
Scanning with the latest Anti-virus patern file (F-Prot) - No problems.
I then installed the Murcury sms sender software and ran ad-aware anti-
spyware software - no problems.
I then searched my PC hard drive and searched the registry for goog7.exe -
no such file or entry.
I then did a google search for goog7.exe - nothing on googles nearly 9
billion indexed pages!

One can conclude with certainty that Richards sms sender has nothing to do
with goog7.exe

RJ can you please search your hard drive for the file (goog7.exe) and then
locate it and post the files properties eg: file name, version, comments
and or copyright.

I'm puzzled as to what it can be as there's no reference to a file of that
name anywhere ...

Feedback appreciated
--
encoderX - http://encoderX.co.uk
  #19  
Old January 26th 05, 11:21 PM
Me, Myself
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default


"encoderX" wrote in message
...
On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 14:36:32 GMT, Rev John wrote:

"Richard" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi all,


Hi Richard, whats is is-qoog7.exe for that wants to run at windows
start up?


Hi RJ. To clarify and hope you'll feedback.

I downloaded Richards Murcury sms sender then did an overkill check by:
Scanning with the latest Anti-virus patern file (F-Prot) - No problems.
I then installed the Murcury sms sender software and ran ad-aware anti-
spyware software - no problems.
I then searched my PC hard drive and searched the registry for goog7.exe -
no such file or entry.
I then did a google search for goog7.exe - nothing on googles nearly 9
billion indexed pages!

One can conclude with certainty that Richards sms sender has nothing to do
with goog7.exe

RJ can you please search your hard drive for the file (goog7.exe) and then
locate it and post the files properties eg: file name, version, comments
and or copyright.

I'm puzzled as to what it can be as there's no reference to a file of that
name anywhere ...

Feedback appreciated
--
encoderX - http://encoderX.co.uk



just done the same thing, with the same results


  #20  
Old January 27th 05, 08:48 AM
Shevek
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 22:22:53 GMT, encoderX
wrote:

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 14:36:32 GMT, Rev John wrote:

"Richard" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi all,


Hi Richard, whats is is-qoog7.exe for that wants to run at windows
start up?


I then searched my PC hard drive and searched the registry for goog7.exe -
no such file or entry.
I then did a google search for goog7.exe - nothing on googles nearly 9
billion indexed pages!

Feedback appreciated


just to point out that the file being reported here is qoog7 not goog7

--


Shevek

Get DigiGuide - a downloadable desktop PC TV and Radio Guide
http://getdigiguide.com/?p=1&r=31493

Get Firefox!
http://www.spreadfirefox.com/?q=affiliates&id=8681&t=1
 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Free Ringtones - Free Polyphonic Ringtones - Free Voice Ringtones George General 0 January 17th 05 08:59 AM
Free Ringtones - Free Polyphonic Ringtones - Free Voice Ringtones George Cingular 0 January 17th 05 08:59 AM
Nov 24: Cell phone # portability Curly Cingular 51 November 9th 03 07:51 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2018 Mobile-Forum.
The comments are property of their posters.