A mobile phone forum. Mobile-Forum

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » Mobile-Forum forum » Airtime providers » Verizon
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Anyone Care to Help A Cell Phone Neanerthal?

Old June 11th 17, 09:29 PM posted to alt.cellular.verizon
dragonfox
external usenet poster

Default Anyone Care to Help A Cell Phone Neanerthal?

Howdy....I am a technoidiot about today's devices. I have a 10-12 yr/o flip phone which I bought just for car trouble or some emergency. Don't chit chat on it.

I am now retired and enjoy fishing and about half the time I'm by myself. Have several friends/buddies I fish with the other half. Now about the cell phone help.

One guy has a smart phone and takes pictures of the catch of the day. When he does it goes straight to his email addy. Don't want/need that.

All I want is a good flip phone that takes good pictures that I can then download to my pc. From there I'll send the pics out.

Since I have no proof of anything I ("uh, huh..sure you did")catch while fishing alone (like the 6lb 5oz largemouth last Fri!)they are reluctant to believe my fish story. Therefore the ability to respond with "oh yea" and produce evidence of such an angling feat is mandatory if my reputation is to remain in tact.

So, I've looked online a found the Samsung Convoy 4 seems to fit the bill. My current cell phone bill is based on 15 y/o plan that has 200 minutes a month for $19.95. Seriously, I've never used more than 30 minutes in any month since I've had the plan. So I don't need web connection via cell phone obviously.

Can I just buy the Samsung phone and get the info from old phone transferred to new phone and keep my same billing plan? I'm happy with it and just want the ability to take pics and put them on my computer.

Hope I haven't bored you to death.

thanks,

DragonFox

Old June 11th 17, 10:27 PM posted to alt.cellular.verizon
Owen McKenzie[_3_]
external usenet poster

On 6/11/2017 3:29 PM, dragonfox wrote:

Howdy....I am a technoidiot about today's devices. I have a 10-12 yr/o flip phone which I bought just for car trouble or some emergency. Don't chit chat on it.

I am now retired and enjoy fishing and about half the time I'm by myself. Have several friends/buddies I fish with the other half. Now about the cell phone help.

One guy has a smart phone and takes pictures of the catch of the day. When he does it goes straight to his email addy. Don't want/need that.

All I want is a good flip phone that takes good pictures that I can then download to my pc. From there I'll send the pics out.

Since I have no proof of anything I ("uh, huh..sure you did")catch while fishing alone (like the 6lb 5oz largemouth last Fri!)they are reluctant to believe my fish story. Therefore the ability to respond with "oh yea" and produce evidence of such an angling feat is mandatory if my reputation is to remain in tact.

So, I've looked online a found the Samsung Convoy 4 seems to fit the bill. My current cell phone bill is based on 15 y/o plan that has 200 minutes a month for $19.95. Seriously, I've never used more than 30 minutes in any month since I've had the plan. So I don't need web connection via cell phone obviously.

Can I just buy the Samsung phone and get the info from old phone transferred to new phone and keep my same billing plan? I'm happy with it and just want the ability to take pics and put them on my computer.

thanks,

DragonFox

As you posted this to the Verizon group I'm guessing you have their
plan. Regardless what company you're with check with them before you do
anything. The horror stories of people who had their plan for a long
time and then made a minor change & saw their bill jump huge amounts are
legion. Be very careful.

Based on what you've posted above, I would check out inexpensive digital
cameras. Check here for a start:
https://www.amazon.com/Digital-Camer...6%3A1253504011

--

Owen McKenzie

“Be kind to unkind people. They need it the most.”
― Ashleigh Brilliant

Old June 12th 17, 02:58 AM posted to alt.cellular.verizon
[email protected]
external usenet poster

On Sunday, June 11, 2017 at 4:27:53 PM UTC-4, Owen McKenzie wrote:
On 6/11/2017 3:29 PM, dragonfox wrote:

thanks,

DragonFox

As you posted this to the Verizon group I'm guessing you have their
plan. Regardless what company you're with check with them before you do
anything. The horror stories of people who had their plan for a long
time and then made a minor change & saw their bill jump huge amounts are
legion. Be very careful.

Based on what you've posted above, I would check out inexpensive digital
cameras. Check here for a start:
https://www.amazon.com/Digital-Camer...6%3A1253504011

--

Owen McKenzie

“Be kind to unkind people. They need it the most.”
― Ashleigh Brilliant

Thanks for the heads up on contracts, and it is with verizon.

I thought about the digital camera but decided a new phone was in order. One with a camera. Having two uses from one device is more appealing.

I've been told by the guy with the smart phone all I need to do is pick a phone that is unlocked / verizon compatible. Go to verizon store have an associate activate the phone and transfer info from old to new.

I'll find out when I get a new phone.

Again thank you for the advice and help.

DragonFox
Old June 12th 17, 08:56 AM posted to alt.cellular.verizon
tlvp[_2_]
external usenet poster

On Sun, 11 Jun 2017 12:29:46 -0700 (PDT), dragonfox wrote of:

... the ability to respond with "oh yea" and produce evidence of such
an angling feat is mandatory if my reputation is to remain in[ ]tact.

If you want to be able to do that *from the phone* it means you want, at
the least, SMS-sending capability. If with photo attached, then MMS-sending
capability. You should try to find out if the plan you're on includes a
bucket of SMS or MMS each month, or if each one sent adds another little
"ka-ching" to your bill at the end of the month. HTH. Cheers, -- tlvp
--
Avant de repondre, jeter la poubelle, SVP.
Old June 13th 17, 12:19 AM posted to alt.cellular.verizon
Wade Garrett
external usenet poster

On 6/11/17 3:29 PM, dragonfox wrote:

thanks,

DragonFox

Actually you don't need any kind of cell plan at all, just a cell phone
that has WiFi capability.

Take your pictures, when you get home, transfer them to your computer
via your home WiFi network

Depending on your phone flavor and home computer flavor, just connect
the phone via cable. You might even be able to do it via Bluetooth.

--
I fear the day technology will surpass our human interaction. The world
will have a generation of idiots.
- Albert Einstein