A mobile phone forum. Mobile-Forum

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » Mobile-Forum forum » Handset manufacturers » Nokia
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

newsgroup cleansing attack leaves 1 spammer dead !!



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old October 14th 03, 02:12 PM
David Ellis
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default newsgroup cleansing attack leaves 1 spammer dead !!

geez, we all wish huh

attn: any hackers out there know of a way to find his IP....or is the anon,
mailer too effective to trace ?

any help, in the form of an anvil dropping from a window above this guy
and/or his pc maybe, would suffice

Dave

"Awake" wrote in message
...
Rafah counts its dead as Israeli tanks pull out

Raid on camp leaves hundreds of Palestinians homeless

Chris McGreal in Gaza
Monday October 13, 2003
The Guardian

Israeli tanks and bulldozers pulled out of southern Gaza yesterday after
one of the most destructive raids of the intifada, leaving hundreds of
Palestinians without homes and eight dead, including two children.
The army fought its way into Rafah refugee camp on Thursday night,
ostensibly in search of tunnels under the border with Egypt which the
military said were being used to smuggle heavy weaponry such as
ground-to-air missiles.

But by the time the raid was over 48 hours later, just three tunnels had
been found, while more than 100 homes had been rocketed or flattened by
bulldozers, about 1,500 people left homeless and two children killed after
an Israeli helicopter fired a missile into a crowd.

The army also cut off electricity and water to the camp.

The United Nations secretary general, Kofi Annan, accused Israel of
breaching international law through "disproportionate use of force" in a
civilian area. Yasser Arafat's aides called the raid a "war crime and a
human tragedy."

"The Israeli soldiers came and opened fire in our neighbourhood two days
ago," said Ehad Abu Taha, 23.

"The younger children were screaming so we tried to get away. We couldn't
take anything.

"My father tried to go back yesterday but the Israelis were still there.
When we went back today, there was nothing left of my house. There was
nothing left of my neighbourhood."

In some places, entire rows of houses were crushed under the bulldozers.
In other streets Israeli helicopters picked off two or three homes at a
time with missiles.

At dawn yesterday, once it was clear the Israeli tanks were mostly gone,
hundreds of people loaded up donkey carts and fled their homes amid a
swirl of rumours that the army would be back.

Women stumbled down the road with doors to their homes strapped to their
backs and children hauled buckets filled with cutlery.

Mohammed Salar Omer, 40, was among those in search of a new home.

"There were eight people living in this house. Where will I live? In the
street? In the school? Some people have money but still have nowhere to
sleep," he said.

"There are 40 or 50 families around me trying to get their furniture or
anything else they can out of their houses. We are asking: what did we
do?"

The Israeli military said Palestinian fighters put up fierce resistance as
the tanks went in, throwing hundreds of grenades and bombs. But all the
casualties were among the Palestinians. Of the eight dead, four were
fighters.

The two children killed by the Israeli helicopter missile were Ibrahim
al-Qrainawi, eight, and Sami Salah, 12. About 60 other people in the same
crowd were wounded, many of them women and children.

The army said that there had been gunmen in the crowd and that anyone on
the street was presumed to be hostile.

"Where were we supposed to be?" asked Ashraf Khusa, who lived on the same
street. "They were blowing up our homes. There were bulldozers crushing
our houses. Where could we go but the street?"

Much of the destruction was in an area known as Block J, adjacent to the
large concrete wall that divides Rafah from Egypt.

Before the latest raid, about 620 homes had been demolished in Rafah
during the intifada, most of them to clear a no man's land between the
camp and the wall.

The weekend attack upped the ante significantly, with the number of houses
destroyed in two days equivalent to a fifth of the total over the past
three years.

"We have had very, very significant damage to the refugee camp. This is
well more than twice as bad as in any previous action," said Peter Hansen,
the head of the UN's Palestinian refugee agency in Gaza after visiting the
camp yesterday. "There is a lot of fear, there is a lot of anger and there
are a lot of people who are very desperate."

The army described the raid as successful, saying it was difficult to find
one smuggling tunnel, let alone three.

"These figures for destruction are extremely exaggerated," said an Israeli
military spokesman.

"About 10 houses were destroyed, all of which fell into one of three
categories - they had a tunnel, were booby trapped or there was intense
gunfire from them."

The UN dismisses the army's claim. Mr Hansen said Israel had the right to
curb weapons smuggling but not through widespread destruction of civilian
homes.

"I am not enough of a tunnel demolition expert to know whether firing
missiles from a helicopter is a good way to destroy tunnels, but I would
not have thought so," he said.



 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2018 Mobile-Forum.
The comments are property of their posters.