A mobile phone forum. Mobile-Forum

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » Mobile-Forum forum » Handset manufacturers » Siemens
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

s56 - bluetooth help



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old May 31st 04, 06:01 AM
juice
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default s56 - bluetooth help

Ok, so maybe I'm an idiot.

I bought the s56 through cingular.... bought the USB/Bluetooth adapter...
downloaded the software (siemens Data Suite)

My computer sees the phone, but tells me it doesn't support file transfer.

I also notice that the s56 isn't even listed as a choice for a phone.

All I want to be able to do is transfer a few ringtones & graphics. Can
anyone help?


  #2  
Old May 31st 04, 08:18 AM
John Henderson
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default

"juice" wrote:

I bought the s56 through cingular.... bought the USB/Bluetooth
adapter... downloaded the software (siemens Data Suite)

My computer sees the phone, but tells me it doesn't support
file transfer.

I also notice that the s56 isn't even listed as a choice for a
phone.


My Soft Data Suite says (under "Help"/"System requirements"):

Supported phones: Siemens mobile phones:
S55, S56 and other compatible phones

All I want to be able to do is transfer a few ringtones &
graphics. Can anyone help?


How are you trying to copy them? My S55 comes up in Windows
Explorer as just another drive, and I just click & drag files to
or from the phone.

John


  #3  
Old May 31st 04, 11:04 PM
juice
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default


"John Henderson" wrote in message
...
"juice" wrote:

I bought the s56 through cingular.... bought the USB/Bluetooth
adapter... downloaded the software (siemens Data Suite)

My computer sees the phone, but tells me it doesn't support
file transfer.

I also notice that the s56 isn't even listed as a choice for a
phone.


My Soft Data Suite says (under "Help"/"System requirements"):

Supported phones: Siemens mobile phones:
S55, S56 and other compatible phones

All I want to be able to do is transfer a few ringtones &
graphics. Can anyone help?


How are you trying to copy them? My S55 comes up in Windows
Explorer as just another drive, and I just click & drag files to
or from the phone.

John



Thanks for the reply.

I see the 'Mobile' icon in explorer, but when I click on it I get the
message "there is no connection, please reconnect the device" even though my
phone shows a connection through bluetooth.

Any help would be great. I'm getting frustrated.


  #4  
Old May 31st 04, 11:14 PM
John Henderson
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default

"juice" wrote:

I see the 'Mobile' icon in explorer, but when I click on it I
get the message "there is no connection, please reconnect the
device" even though my phone shows a connection through
bluetooth.

Any help would be great. I'm getting frustrated.


Unfortunately, this is going to be a process of elimination.

In the Data Suite software, under "Settings", is the box "Use
alternative method of connection" ticked?

John


  #5  
Old May 31st 04, 11:27 PM
juice
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default


"John Henderson" wrote in message
...
"juice" wrote:

I see the 'Mobile' icon in explorer, but when I click on it I
get the message "there is no connection, please reconnect the
device" even though my phone shows a connection through
bluetooth.

Any help would be great. I'm getting frustrated.


Unfortunately, this is going to be a process of elimination.

In the Data Suite software, under "Settings", is the box "Use
alternative method of connection" ticked?


yes


  #6  
Old May 31st 04, 11:54 PM
John Henderson
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default

"juice" wrote:

"John Henderson" wrote:


In the Data Suite software, under "Settings", is the box "Use
alternative method of connection" ticked?


yes


Bluetooth itself is a real can of worms. Did you pair the phone
with the PC successfully (negotiate and verify a password)?

When you start the Siemens Data Suite software, it should say
(at the top of the screen) "No telephone connected". This
should soon change to "Siemens S56" (mine says "Siemens S55",
and even says "Siemens S25" when I connect my old S25 using a
data cable instead of Bluetooth).

John
  #7  
Old June 1st 04, 12:08 AM
juice
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default


"John Henderson" wrote in message
...
"juice" wrote:

"John Henderson" wrote:


In the Data Suite software, under "Settings", is the box "Use
alternative method of connection" ticked?


yes


Bluetooth itself is a real can of worms. Did you pair the phone
with the PC successfully (negotiate and verify a password)?

When you start the Siemens Data Suite software, it should say
(at the top of the screen) "No telephone connected". This
should soon change to "Siemens S56" (mine says "Siemens S55",
and even says "Siemens S25" when I connect my old S25 using a
data cable instead of Bluetooth).

John


Yes, it does that. I am able to read my SIM within the Data Suite, but not
the addressbook or anything else.

I've also noticed that my bluetooth connection doesn't stay active.

It will automatically connect with Data Suite when I open it, I can also
connect via the bluetooth serial connection... but it doesn't stay active
very long.


  #8  
Old June 1st 04, 12:22 AM
John Henderson
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default

"juice" wrote:

Yes, it does that. I am able to read my SIM within the Data
Suite, but not the addressbook or anything else.

I've also noticed that my bluetooth connection doesn't stay
active.

It will automatically connect with Data Suite when I open it, I
can also connect via the bluetooth serial connection... but it
doesn't stay active very long.


It looks like you're seeing a Bluetooth problem /per se/. I'm
no expert in Bluetooth, and now use a data cable with my S55
after having problems trying to upgrade my Bluetooth drivers.

You might be better off inquiring on the alt.cellular.bluetooth
group, giving details of your Bluetooth device and drivers, and
mentioning that the connection does not remain active.

John
  #9  
Old June 1st 04, 03:27 AM
juice
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default


"John Henderson" wrote in message
...
"juice" wrote:

Yes, it does that. I am able to read my SIM within the Data
Suite, but not the addressbook or anything else.

I've also noticed that my bluetooth connection doesn't stay
active.

It will automatically connect with Data Suite when I open it, I
can also connect via the bluetooth serial connection... but it
doesn't stay active very long.


It looks like you're seeing a Bluetooth problem /per se/. I'm
no expert in Bluetooth, and now use a data cable with my S55
after having problems trying to upgrade my Bluetooth drivers.

You might be better off inquiring on the alt.cellular.bluetooth
group, giving details of your Bluetooth device and drivers, and
mentioning that the connection does not remain active.

John


Thanks for all the help, anyway. I'll try there.


  #10  
Old June 1st 04, 02:48 PM
Hendrik Sattler
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default

juice wrote:

It will automatically connect with Data Suite when I open it, I can also
connect via the bluetooth serial connection... but it doesn't stay active
very long.


That's normal. Bluetooth connection is only activated during actual transfer
of data or commands, not all the time.
After a pairing and connection, the S56 will ask you if you want to add the
remote bluetooth dongle to the list of known devices. Say yes, there or
you'll have to do the pairing for every connection.

HS

 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Oxygen Phone Manager II for Symbian OS phones v2.5 is released Oxygen Software Nokia 11 May 4th 05 04:05 PM
Connecting a Bluetooth peripheral to the Microsoft Bluetooth Transceiver/Dongle (W2000-XP) GreuuH Bluetooth 6 November 23rd 03 11:01 AM
Setup: Using Bluetooth to browse Internet on your Nokia 3650 through your PC Anton Spaans Nokia 1 October 23rd 03 03:42 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2018 Mobile-Forum.
The comments are property of their posters.