A mobile phone forum. Mobile-Forum

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » Mobile-Forum forum » Airtime providers » Verizon
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Verizon Partner Exposes Data of Millions of Customers Who CalledCustomer Service



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old July 14th 17, 12:50 AM posted to alt.privacy.anon-server, alt.cellular.verizon,comp.sys.mac.advocacy, comp.sys.mac.system
Anonymous Remailer (austria)
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 10
Default Verizon Partner Exposes Data of Millions of Customers Who CalledCustomer Service


https://www.macrumors.com/2017/07/12...customer-data-
exposed-by-nice-systems/

  #2  
Old July 14th 17, 01:24 AM posted to alt.privacy.anon-server, alt.cellular.verizon, comp.sys.mac.advocacy, comp.sys.mac.system
Wolffan
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2
Default Verizon Partner Exposes Data of Millions of Customers Who Called Customer Service

On 2017 Jul 13, Anonymous Remailer (austria) wrote
(in [email protected] privacy.at):


https://www.macrumors.com/2017/07/12...customer-data-
exposed-by-nice-systems/


It’s Veriscum. Pretty much what I expect from them.

  #3  
Old July 14th 17, 04:10 AM posted to alt.privacy.anon-server, alt.cellular.verizon,comp.sys.mac.advocacy, comp.sys.mac.system
Anonymous[_11_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 3
Default Verizon Partner Exposes Data of Millions of Customers Who CalledCustomer Service

In article l-
september.org
Wolffan wrote:

On 2017 Jul 13, Anonymous Remailer (austria) wrote
(in [email protected] privacy.at):


https://www.macrumors.com/2017/07/12...customer-data-
exposed-by-nice-systems/


It’s Veriscum. Pretty much what I expect from them.


Hate those guys. We have company phones from them and keep
running into some arbitrary phantom data limit. Get a lot of
emails, but the monthly average is still less than 400MB a
month. Verizon slows our connections down even before we get to
the monthly limit. :/

  #4  
Old July 18th 17, 11:39 AM posted to alt.privacy.anon-server,alt.cellular.verizon,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.system
tlvp[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 820
Default Verizon Partner Exposes Data of Millions of Customers Who Called Customer Service

On Fri, 14 Jul 2017 04:10:53 +0200, Anonymous wrote:

Verizon slows our connections down even before we get to
the monthly limit.


That seems to be par for the course in telephony these days.
Not Verizon but Frontier; and not cell service but DSL internet;
yet the symptom is the same -- nominal 3 Mbps service that
crawls along at 300 kbps, if that ... when it connects at all. :-{ !

Cheers, -- tlvp
--
Avant de repondre, jeter la poubelle, SVP.
  #5  
Old July 18th 17, 09:27 PM posted to alt.privacy.anon-server, alt.cellular.verizon,comp.sys.mac.advocacy, comp.sys.mac.system
Anonymous[_7_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 13
Default Verizon Partner Exposes Data of Millions of Customers Who CalledCustomer Service

In article
tlvp wrote:

On Fri, 14 Jul 2017 04:10:53 +0200, Anonymous wrote:

Verizon slows our connections down even before we get to
the monthly limit.


That seems to be par for the course in telephony these days.
Not Verizon but Frontier; and not cell service but DSL internet;
yet the symptom is the same -- nominal 3 Mbps service that
crawls along at 300 kbps, if that ... when it connects at all. :-{ !


Sprint doesn't seem to be doing that. Using a tether I have 25-
30 Mbps down consistently until I move around a lot. Then it's
hit or miss but usually never below 2.5-3 Mbps down.

  #6  
Old July 19th 17, 07:21 AM posted to alt.privacy.anon-server, alt.cellular.verizon,comp.sys.mac.advocacy, comp.sys.mac.system
Anonymous Remailer (austria)
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 10
Default Verizon Partner Exposes Data of Millions of Customers Who CalledCustomer Service


In article
ers.net
Anonymous wrote:

In article
tlvp wrote:

On Fri, 14 Jul 2017 04:10:53 +0200, Anonymous wrote:

Verizon slows our connections down even before we get to
the monthly limit.


That seems to be par for the course in telephony these days.
Not Verizon but Frontier; and not cell service but DSL internet;
yet the symptom is the same -- nominal 3 Mbps service that
crawls along at 300 kbps, if that ... when it connects at all. :-{ !


Sprint doesn't seem to be doing that. Using a tether I have 25-
30 Mbps down consistently until I move around a lot. Then it's
hit or miss but usually never below 2.5-3 Mbps down.


How the **** do you get 30 Mbps on a "tether" you lying sack of
****?

  #7  
Old July 20th 17, 08:28 AM posted to alt.privacy.anon-server,alt.cellular.verizon,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.system
tlvp[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 820
Default Verizon Partner Exposes Data of Millions of Customers Who Called Customer Service

On Tue, 18 Jul 2017 15:27:51 -0400 (EDT), Anonymous wrote:

Sprint doesn't seem to be doing that. Using a tether I have 25-
30 Mbps down consistently until ...


Pity Sprint's signal level, in my kitchen, where my computer stays, is
unusably low. Only T-Mo is strong there, and VZW; even at&t is weak
(present,, but weak). Thanks for the point of comparison. Cheers, -- tlvp
--
Avant de repondre, jeter la poubelle, SVP.
 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Verizon Data service--SMTP? Mahlon Wagner Verizon 20 May 10th 06 06:25 PM
I LOVE Verizon data service!!! Charlie Wilkes Verizon 27 January 16th 05 12:57 AM
Nextel wrongly collecting undocumented millions from customers Al Bundy Nextel 14 July 27th 03 12:19 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2017 Mobile-Forum.
The comments are property of their posters.