October 7th 16, 09:05 AM
posted to comp.mobile.android,alt.cellular,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
external usenet poster
Compare Google Pixel & Pixel XL to the iPhone 7 by specificationsonly
On 07/10/2016 07:08, AL wrote:
On 10/6/2016 8:37 PM, Algeria Horan wrote:
In a recent thread on m.p.m.i, JF Mezei brought up the Google Pixel XL
camera comparison to the iPhone camera. I hadn't heard of the Pixel XL
before, so I decided to run a quick specification-by-specification
comparison of the closest iWhatever to the Google Nexus HTC Pixel XL
Here is the Google Pixel XL spec:
Here is the corresponding iPhone 7 spec:
Comparing the two phones by spec only in the order provided...
1. Network technology is the same.
2. SIM cards are the same
3. Pixel XL screen size (5.5") is larger than the iPhone 7 (4.7")
4. Pixel XL has far greater resolution and pixel density than the
5. Both have quad-core CPUs where the Pixel XL is faster with twice
6. Cameras are discussed on another thread (let's call it even for now)
7. Neither has an expansion card slot (which is a bummer for both)
8. The Pixel XL has a real 3.5mm jack while the iPhone 7 lost that
9. WiFi on the Pixel XL is slightly better (with Wi-Fi Direct & DLNA)
10. Bluetooth specs are the same essentially
11. GPS specs are the same essentially
12. NFC seems slightly better on the Pixel XL than on the iPhone 7
13. USB connector is 3.0 on the Pixel XL (versus 2.0 on the iPhone 7)
14. Sensors are the same (FP, Accel, Gyro, Prox, Compass, Baro)
15. Talk time is more than double for the Pixel XL over the iPhone 7
16. Music play time on the Pixel XL is three times that of the iPhone 7
17. Neither phone has a Micro SD card slot.
18. For 17. see 7.